A new IDE for PowerBASIC with enhanced project and debugging features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jean-Pierre,

yep - this is a scaling problem i have never seen before on my test machines. Would you please drop me a mail (jk-ide at t minus online dot de) so i could return a special test version for you.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.6 is online - fixed a bug with spaces in filenames making trouble in VD (now V 0.9.8.4) - thanks Jean-Pierre Leroy

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.7 is online - must update twice this day, because i managed to create a bug, which could crash the IDE at first startup under certain circumstances - sorry. This affected only new users, all those already using my IDE never had and never will have this specific problem.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.8 is online - fixed a bug in VD (now V 0.9.8.5), the contextmenu was not properly drawn, some minor issues. Nothing new in the IDE

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

just got a mail reporting a problem with the debugger - there will be an update tomorrow evening fixing this.

JK

Comment

• Hi all

V 1.9.6.0 is online - fixed a bug in debugger with fixed length (w)strings, VCS is under construction but not yet ready for a release

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.7.0 is online - VCS (Version Control System) seems to be stable now and ready for use, some more additions to VD (V 0.9.9.0) and help updates

JK

Comment

• I use CSED and I wanted to try your IDE.

I have a program, that has:
                  Code:
                  %Version = 0        ' 0=Staff 1=Customers
                  '-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  #IF %version = 1
                      #COMPILE EXE "..\DataBase.exe"
                  #ELSE
                      #COMPILE EXE "..\DataBase Staff.exe"
                  #ENDIF
                  While this compiles, it does not in Debug Mode :
                  Error 465 in C:\My Programs\Power Basic\Source Files\Jta\Setfile Database\Src\Database.bas(11:001): May be defined only once
                  Andrea Mariani
                  AS/400 expert
                  Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

this looks like a naming conflict. The IDE adds some code to your original code files in debug mode, most functions and variables added start with "pp__..."

The IDE should open (if not already opened) and activate the indicated file and display a box below the offending line. Could you please post or mail me a screnshot of this or a an alternative mail me the first 20 lines of "...\Databas.bas" (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK
                    Last edited by Juergen Kuehlwein; 18 Oct 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

based on the code and information you supplied i tried to reproduce the error you describe - to no avail. For investigating and fixing this i definitely need at least some of the failing code. As the error is reported for the beginning (line 11) of "Databas.bas", i would suggest from the first line to (and includung) the line the first procedure starts. If you don´t want to post this here, send me a PM or drop me a mail (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK

Comment

• Hi all

V 1.9.7.1 is online - fixed a problem with Code Formatter (thanks Klaus Schussler) , some minor changes in VD - now version (0.9.9.1)

JK

Comment

• Juergen,
                          I just ran into a snag. I wanted to add USB device detection to my app. I added a new file to my project and pasted in the functions I needed to enumerate all USB devices.
                          When I tried to compile I was stopped because the JK-IDE said, "This name is already in use." So I renamed the function many times and still got the same message.

Here is one function name:
                          FUNCTION UsbDeviceSerialNumberGet() AS STRING

I'm using Jose' includes
                          JK-IDE shows the new file is in the app project folder.
                          Funny thing.
                          If I remove the functions from the new file and paste them into one of my usual files my app compiles no problem.
                          So the includes are not at issue here.

If I cut the functions and paste them back into the new file and try to compile I get the same message as before.
                          Hmm weird.
                          Not sure what is going on here. Please help.

Ah, Ok I found it. No worries. I had 2 Include reference for the same file.
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by Jim Fritts; 24 Oct 2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juergen Kuehlwein View Post
                            Hi Andrea,

based on the code and information you supplied i tried to reproduce the error you describe - to no avail. For investigating and fixing this i definitely need at least some of the failing code. As the error is reported for the beginning (line 11) of "Databas.bas", i would suggest from the first line to (and includung) the line the first procedure starts. If you don´t want to post this here, send me a PM or drop me a mail (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK
                            Your mail did not go through:
                            Code:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <snip>     (reason: 550-5.7.0 Message considered as spam or virus, rejected)
                            So: here the screenshot: Click image for larger version

Name:	jodkikbjdibcelcj.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	766123 And here is the code that does not compile: Test compile debug.bas
                            Andrea Mariani
                            AS/400 expert
                            Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

thanks for your help, i see now what you mean. First of all you must remove the "#COMPILE EXE" statement in the first line, but this is not your point.

If you remove it, the code will compile, but you cannot debug it, because there is still a restriction for conditional compiling blocks. Currently you cannot use the IDE´s debugger for code within conditional compiling blocks. I´m working on a solution for this, but currently it doesn´t work.

But you could do something like this:

Code:
                              '#IF %version = 1
                              #COMPILE EXE "Test.exe"
                              '#ELSE
                              '    #COMPILE EXE "Test Staff.exe"
                              '#ENDIF
                              or this

Code:
                              '#IF %version = 1
                              '    #COMPILE EXE "Test.exe"
                              '#ELSE
                              #COMPILE EXE "Test Staff.exe"
                              '#ENDIF

so that the debugger doesn´t have to deal with "#IF/#ELSE/#ENDIF". And please remove the $tab character before the "#COMPILE" statement - i just noticed, this is a problem i will have to fix too.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.7.2 is online - added limited support for conditional compiling in debugger, updated help for IDE and VD, this version solves the problem (mentioned in the previous post) with a $tab character before the "#COMPILE" statement too.

JK

V

Comment

• I noticed somthing that I never had with earlier versions.
                                  I have a main (.bas) file and an include (.inc) file open in the IDE.

I edit some things in the .inc file
                                  I go to the main file and compile successfully
                                  If I then click the include file again, most of the time (not always) I get:

Click image for larger version  Name:	reload.png Views:	1 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	767936

Most of the times I even get 2 of these boxes. (I click 'yes' and immediately get the next box on the same file)
                                  It also happens on the main .bas file if I edit/compile it...
                                  It was never altered by another program, but by the IDE itself?
                                  Last edited by Peter Lameijn; 20 Dec 2017, 08:05 PM.
                                  Regards,
                                  Peter

Comment

• Hi Peter,

i didn´t change anything in this area with recent updates, basically it is the same logic since the first public version. The IDE checks, if a file has been changed, everytime when it is activated. It doesn´t actually compare files, but checks the last write time of the corresponding files and compares it against the saved last write time. If these times differ you get the message box you posted.

Are the two files you mentioned the only files opened in the IDE, and are both members of a project or is the .inc file not a member of your project, is there a project involved at all ?

I remember having similar problems after some crashes i produced experimenting with new code. After a reboot the problem was gone.

If this problems persists, could you please send me files producing it with an exact description of your setup, so i could test it myself (jk-ide at t minus online dot de)

JK

PS: please in the future post in this thread for version 2

Comment

Working...
                                    X