A new IDE for PowerBASIC with enhanced project and debugging features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jean-Pierre,

yep - this is a scaling problem i have never seen before on my test machines. Would you please drop me a mail (jk-ide at t minus online dot de) so i could return a special test version for you.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.6 is online - fixed a bug with spaces in filenames making trouble in VD (now V 0.9.8.4) - thanks Jean-Pierre Leroy

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.7 is online - must update twice this day, because i managed to create a bug, which could crash the IDE at first startup under certain circumstances - sorry. This affected only new users, all those already using my IDE never had and never will have this specific problem.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.5.8 is online - fixed a bug in VD (now V 0.9.8.5), the contextmenu was not properly drawn, some minor issues. Nothing new in the IDE

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

just got a mail reporting a problem with the debugger - there will be an update tomorrow evening fixing this.

JK

Comment

• Hi all

V 1.9.6.0 is online - fixed a bug in debugger with fixed length (w)strings, VCS is under construction but not yet ready for a release

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.7.0 is online - VCS (Version Control System) seems to be stable now and ready for use, some more additions to VD (V 0.9.9.0) and help updates

JK

Comment

• I use CSED and I wanted to try your IDE.

I have a program, that has:
                  Code:
                  %Version = 0        ' 0=Staff 1=Customers
                  '-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  #IF %version = 1
                      #COMPILE EXE "..\DataBase.exe"
                  #ELSE
                      #COMPILE EXE "..\DataBase Staff.exe"
                  #ENDIF
                  While this compiles, it does not in Debug Mode :
                  Error 465 in C:\My Programs\Power Basic\Source Files\Jta\Setfile Database\Src\Database.bas(11:001): May be defined only once
                  Andrea Mariani
                  AS/400 expert
                  Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

this looks like a naming conflict. The IDE adds some code to your original code files in debug mode, most functions and variables added start with "pp__..."

The IDE should open (if not already opened) and activate the indicated file and display a box below the offending line. Could you please post or mail me a screnshot of this or a an alternative mail me the first 20 lines of "...\Databas.bas" (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK
                    Last edited by Juergen Kuehlwein; 18 Oct 2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

based on the code and information you supplied i tried to reproduce the error you describe - to no avail. For investigating and fixing this i definitely need at least some of the failing code. As the error is reported for the beginning (line 11) of "Databas.bas", i would suggest from the first line to (and includung) the line the first procedure starts. If you don´t want to post this here, send me a PM or drop me a mail (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK

Comment

• Hi all

V 1.9.7.1 is online - fixed a problem with Code Formatter (thanks Klaus Schussler) , some minor changes in VD - now version (0.9.9.1)

JK

Comment

• Juergen,
                          I just ran into a snag. I wanted to add USB device detection to my app. I added a new file to my project and pasted in the functions I needed to enumerate all USB devices.
                          When I tried to compile I was stopped because the JK-IDE said, "This name is already in use." So I renamed the function many times and still got the same message.

Here is one function name:
                          FUNCTION UsbDeviceSerialNumberGet() AS STRING

I'm using Jose' includes
                          JK-IDE shows the new file is in the app project folder.
                          Funny thing.
                          If I remove the functions from the new file and paste them into one of my usual files my app compiles no problem.
                          So the includes are not at issue here.

If I cut the functions and paste them back into the new file and try to compile I get the same message as before.
                          Hmm weird.
                          Not sure what is going on here. Please help.

Ah, Ok I found it. No worries. I had 2 Include reference for the same file.
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by Jim Fritts; 24 Oct 2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juergen Kuehlwein View Post
                            Hi Andrea,

based on the code and information you supplied i tried to reproduce the error you describe - to no avail. For investigating and fixing this i definitely need at least some of the failing code. As the error is reported for the beginning (line 11) of "Databas.bas", i would suggest from the first line to (and includung) the line the first procedure starts. If you don´t want to post this here, send me a PM or drop me a mail (jk minus ide at t minus online dot de)

JK
                            Your mail did not go through:
                            Code:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <snip>     (reason: 550-5.7.0 Message considered as spam or virus, rejected)
                            So: here the screenshot: Click image for larger version

Name:	jodkikbjdibcelcj.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	766123 And here is the code that does not compile: Test compile debug.bas
                            Andrea Mariani
                            AS/400 expert
                            Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

• Hi Andrea,

thanks for your help, i see now what you mean. First of all you must remove the "#COMPILE EXE" statement in the first line, but this is not your point.

If you remove it, the code will compile, but you cannot debug it, because there is still a restriction for conditional compiling blocks. Currently you cannot use the IDE´s debugger for code within conditional compiling blocks. I´m working on a solution for this, but currently it doesn´t work.

But you could do something like this:

Code:
                              '#IF %version = 1
                              #COMPILE EXE "Test.exe"
                              '#ELSE
                              '    #COMPILE EXE "Test Staff.exe"
                              '#ENDIF
                              or this

Code:
                              '#IF %version = 1
                              '    #COMPILE EXE "Test.exe"
                              '#ELSE
                              #COMPILE EXE "Test Staff.exe"
                              '#ENDIF

so that the debugger doesn´t have to deal with "#IF/#ELSE/#ENDIF". And please remove the $tab character before the "#COMPILE" statement - i just noticed, this is a problem i will have to fix too.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.7.2 is online - added limited support for conditional compiling in debugger, updated help for IDE and VD, this version solves the problem (mentioned in the previous post) with a $tab character before the "#COMPILE" statement too.

JK

V

Comment

Working...
                                X