Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK-IDE Version 2.0 including Visual Designer V 1.0

Hi all,

version 2.0.0.0 of JK-IDE including version 1.0.0.0 of my Visual Designer is online

The Visual Designer stores it´s data in layout files (.lay). You can have only one layout per file, but you can have more than 1000 layouts per project.Even if there might be changes in the structure of layout files necessary for future versions, i can ensure now, that existing layout files will stay valid. The version comming with the IDE is a demo version, please read more about this in help (Visual Designer\JK_VD\How to get a full version).

Please don´t post in the two existing threads about JK-IDE and it´s VD anymore (almost 500 posts are enough ), post comments, feature requests and bug reports in this new thread.

JK

Hi Jürgen,

is it possible to set the cursor behind the replacement. For now it is a little bit annoying to toggle between the buttons Find Next and Replace if the replöacement is part of the search text. I.e. if I want to replace # with ## the cursor should be positioned after the second hash . It would also be nice to allow an empty Replace with.

What about having some history like in the Find dialog?

Norbert

Comment

Hi Norbert,

i´ve never noticed the problem you describe so far, but you are right - this is annoying! I will fix that.

History: what would be the best way to do it? A separate history for "find" and for "replace with", or a history for both as pairs ? What do you think ?

JK

Comment

Hi Jürgen,

I would prefer a separate history for the replace dialog which keeps search and replacement items in sync. About 10 to 15 entries in the history should be sufficient.

Norbert

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.1 is online, Visual Designer V 1.0.0.1, i added a history for replace dialog, made "F1" context help globally available for all dialogs and secondary windows in IDE and VD, you now have a question mark in the caption of many windowsw, clicking it is an alternate way for getting help, fixed problems with replacing text (thanks Norbert Bous).

I hope i didn´t introduce new problems with the additions made. Please test the Replace Dialog and report problems.

JK

Comment

Hi Jürgen,

that looks very good! If now also the replacement text would receive a history, I would be very satisfied with the implementation.

Norbert

Comment

Hi Norbert,

the replacement text already has a history!

Just make a selection from the combo box and you will see. The combo box holds the last 20 text/replacement text pairs, a pair is added only, if you actually made a replace operation. This works like in the Find Dialog. You may leave the "Replace with" empty now, which in effect deletes the "Find what" text. The phrases in both text boxes are not trimmed, that is leading and trailing spaces are part of the find/replace operation.

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.2 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.1) you may now insert internet links in Guides Manager. Added Code Macros, please read more about it in the help file (Editor\Keyboard Macros).

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.3 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.2) the show state of register and memory window in debugger is now saved and restored between sessions, removed an unnecessary error box in VD. In Visual Designer Mode the IDE is hidden now and you may minimize the VD window by <ESC>, you can select controls to add with the mouse wheel in both directions now, use the middle mouse button, or <ESC> to exit insert mode.

You can download the IDE here

JK

Comment

Working...
                  X