JK-IDE Version 2.0 including Visual Designer V 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Theo,

i must admit, that my approach may be different from what you know by now. But there is a quite comprehensive help file, which should answer your questions. The <F1> hot key is always your friend! You cannot expect each and every step in the process of designing a new window to be self-explanatory for everyone, therefore you must invest some time in reading, testing and maybe re-reading in order to understand how it all works together. The basics are quite simple, but obviously it becomes more complicated, the more complicated your window/form/dialog gets. If you still cannot get it to work, feel free to drop me a mail (jk-ide at t minus online dot de).

A collection of code snippets is available through the Navigation Window for all kinds of code, this is not specific to code generated by the VD. The Navigation Window can be toggled on/off by menu (Window/Show Navigation Window) or by the <Alt+F7> hot key. There is a topic in the help file about the Navigation Window.

JK

Comment

@Joerg, I generally talk openly what i think.
      See here: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smffo...p?topic=4578.0

I have used the F1 Key and even made a Screenshot of the grey thing.
      But very simple said: For a commercial product, i expect better usability.

If my impression is that the usability of a program is "for the Maker only" then i say that.
      Also i have talked to Jürgen already, so after some updates i checked again if something has changed.
      Here is my opinion: Maybe you think i am not a "Professional" because i can not use that tool.
      I can live with that. We will see how many Professionals will be arround to go through the needed "reading sessions" in a not easy to read help file,
      to get things running. In my opinion this concept is not state-of-the-art.
      Show me a video how to use it then i may correct my opinion.

Comment

Hi Theo
        I wasn't serious about the "professional". I apologize for any inconvenience you may have received.
        • J. Buckel
          Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.
          Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

Theo,

nobody forces you to use my VD - so please stop trolling.

You must know, that, after i denied your private request for video tutorials, trying to put public pressure on me, like you do right now, won´t help either ...

JK

Comment

I am not going to put pressure on you or anybody, Jürgen.
            Personally i wonder why we have so many VD's for PB and anybody still thinks he could make a commercial project out of it.

But if so keeping aside really basic rules of commercial software (Usability).
            Its easier to do that if there is no Competition available. The future will tell.

Besides that i have always said that i believe in your IDE beeing the best IDE currently available for Powerbasic.
            So just to prevent you from misunderstandings.

Nothing about this what i say is personal. It just tries to possibly help you not get a disappointment about the commercial chances of another VD with PB.
            Especially if its not really "visual" (because after starting it you see nothing ).

Its like this Jürgen, in your normal Job as a doctor people come to you and they know nothing. So whatever you say they must do it.
            If you make a commercial product and place it on a market with Competition it may not work like this.
            People may choose or not choose a product just by the way "it looks".

@Joerg, thats Ok. After all we are all Men here so an open word is always Ok with me.

Anyway, i wanted to leave a feedback on Jürgens IDE from my Standpoint.

Mostly in the past i have used the PB IDE because its simply the fastest way to get from A to B.

Now i switched to JK-IDE.
            While there are some "Special features" that are non-Standard -for example the way the Clipboard is uses and others,
            The Program is relatively new and therefore there may still be some problems on exotic use.
            Which is no wonder if you take into account the complexity of the project.
            And the fact that its done by one person in his freetime.
            Also i think its the good right of the maker, to give his programs a personal note. Especially when the program is free.

The point is that the Debugging Features like "Run to Caret" (Program just runs until the line where the Cursor is) or
            "Compile for GPF" and much more such are just amazing!

It is far beyond everything that we had in the original PB Tools, and its visible that there is a ton of work inside.

So JK-IDE is currently the best IDE for PB. Especially when it comes to Debugging.
            At this time, seeing the state of Powerbasic, I personally do not think that we will ever get a better IDE then this from Jürgen.

I wonder how he can make variables visible in the debugger. Ok, under difficult circumstances (Arrays etc.) he can't of course (Picture).
            Last edited by Theo Gottwald; 28 Jan 2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.1.0 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.4) introduces a new feature "#Utility Sec", reworked the help file a bit, foldpoints may now be saved between sessions just like bookmarks and breakpoints (requires "Save/Restore Bookmarks" in Editor Options to be checked). Made Code Tips work like API tips.

There was much work to do getting Code Tips (PB syntax help) to work like API Tips (Windows API syntax help). I hope there aren´t hidden bugs anymore. If you experience problems - please report here or drop me a mail.

JK

Comment

Hi all,

there still seems to be a problem with the new code tips, which could freeze the IDE in rare cases - Sorry! So if you experience trouble please uncheck "Auto show Code Tips" in Editor Options and don´t use <Ctrl + Space>. I´m working on fixing it, there will be an update later today.

JK

Comment

Whoa. Just downloaded & installed the latest version. After confirming the location of header files, etc ... "The program has stopped working". Any ideas?

Edit: working OK after full reinstall. No worries.
                  Torkel M. Jodalen, tel. (+47) 69252033 / 92422020
                  ++

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.1.1 is online, this fixes a problem with the new Code Tips. There is still another problem, which has been reported. I currently cannot tell, if this was related to the fixed bug. So i added a message box "Code Tip Error", which should pop up, if the problem should happen again. If you get such a message box, please copy it´s content (<Ctrl+C>) and mail it to me: jk-ide at t minus online dot de - thanks.

@Torkel
                    please re-try and drop me a mail describing exactly, what your steps were, before it crashed. A Screenshot of the IDE window might help a lot and i need to know your Windows version.

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.1.2 is online, this is a bugfix for the problem Torkel reported.

Currently i´m working on adding support for Brian´s PluriBASIC and for FreeBASIC as an 64 bit alternative. This requires re-writing portions of already existing and working code, which possibly introduces new bugs in these areas. Sorry for the inconvenience - but i think it will pay off!

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.1.0.0 is online, added FreeBASIC support, please read the "FreeBASIC" topic in the help file, and made a few minor fixes. Adding support for other BASIC dialects required many changes in many places, i hope there are no bugs anymore. Please report problems and issues.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by Juergen Kuehlwein View Post
                          Hi all,

V 2.0.1.2 is online, this is a bugfix for the problem Torkel reported.

Currently i´m working on adding support for Brian´s PluriBASIC and for FreeBASIC as an 64 bit alternative. This requires re-writing portions of already existing and working code, which possibly introduces new bugs in these areas. Sorry for the inconvenience - but i think it will pay off!

JK
                          ??

"FreeBASIC currently runs on 64/32-bit Windows, Linux, and DOS (a 16-bit DOS is good enough, although FreeBASIC itself and compiler output are 32-bit)"

Comment

Dear Juergen I get this message when I try to reach your website:

This website https://jk-ide.jimdo.com/ is not available right now.
                            Jean-Pierre LEROY

Comment

@Stuart

there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version available on the German download site. I is also available here on the international site .

@Jean-Pierre

you can update to the new version using the IDE´s update feature (Help Menu/Online Update). I can confirm that the website seems to be unavailable at the moment, but i don´t know why - i will look after it.

JK

Comment

thanks Jean-Pierre, the website is up and running again!

JK

Comment

Hi Juergen

I have topped a FB source with
                                  Code:
                                  #Compiler FreeBASIC
                                  #Compile EXE CONSOLE 32 "Secured.exe"
                                  and in Compiler options chose FreeBASIC 32 in 'Selected Compiler' and used 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeBASIC\fbc.exe' for the FreeBASIC 32 path.

I got
                                  Code:
                                  "#COMPILER..." Metastatement conflict: No FreeBASIC Compiler specified !

No Compiler selected !

Saving files ...  -> ok
                                  "#COMPILER..." Metastatement conflict: No FreeBASIC Compiler specified !

No Compiler selected !

Comment

Hi David,

it seems you don´t have the latest version, because currently you cannot choose between "FreeBASIC 32" and "FreeBASIC 64" in Compiler Options anymore. I discarded this in favor of "FreeBASIC" (without "32" or "64") and added the "#compile ..." metastatement instead. The latest version is 2.1.0.0 - if your problem persists, please drop me a mail (jk-ide at t minus online dot de)

Btw. you don´t need to set FreeBASIC as default compiler in Compiler Options, "#compiler FreeBASIC" as a first line in a FreeBASIC file would be sufficient, the caption should show (among other things) "FreeBASIC" then.

JK

Comment

Hi Juergen

I have 2.1.0.0 and on trying 'Online Update' I am told I have the latest version. So, I have the latest version and 32 & 64 in 'Compiler Options'.

Comment

Hi David,

sorry i misunderstood, i thought you are talking of the option buttons in Compiler options. In an earlier version i had a button for 32 and for 64 bit, now there is only one for "FreeBASIC". Of course there are two text boxes, one for a 32 bit and one for a 64 bit compiler.

And - yes - there is a bug, if you leave the text box for the 64 bit compiler empty, you get this error message. As a quick remedy, specify a 64 bit compiler in Compiler Options. If you don´t have one, just insert the 32 bit compiler, the IDE doesn´t care. Currently the IDE expects both boxes to be filled - i will change that tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.1.0.1 is online, fixes a bug David reported with compiler settings for FreeBASIC

JK

Comment

Working...
                                          X