No announcement yet.

JK-IDE Version 2.0 including Visual Designer V 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend NOT to install the last Update, which comes automatically. Here it has destroyed the complete installation of ther JK-Editor.
    --Theo Gottwald
    ------------------------------------------------
    76706 Dettenheim * Germany * [email protected]
    Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

The last Update from 01.07.2018 seemd to work fine as always. Looks like the issue was resolved. A visdible differnece is that the violett progress bar seems to move around all the time when it works. With the previouse update that did not work, the progress bar was stuck for several minutes.

The Update notice did not come automatically this time like it was before.

29.06.2018 - V 2.3.0.6 - minor fixes, FreeBASIC support is ready now except for a debugger (comming next) and a browser control (maybe later)
      --Theo Gottwald
      76706 Dettenheim * Germany * [email protected]
      Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

Hi all,

i just re-ran some test updates (latest available version - V 2.3.0.6) on several machines with different operating system versions - none of them failed, everything worked as expected !

Did anyone else except for Theo have problems ?

JK

Comment

hello Juergen Kuehlwein
          I just did a very simple test, a form with two TextBoxes and one Button, compiler selected PBwin 10
          when trying to compile the generated code I ran into Error 466 in F:\JK-IDE\VISUALDESIGNER\CONTROLS\LIB.INC(713:005): This name is already in use
          the offending Functions are GetWindowHeight, GetWindowWidth and the Sub PPMessages, if appending an underscore to the symbols it compiles OK but have not tested any further.

btw, I run Windows in a VM on a Mac and the function keys are intercepted by MacOS and not by Windows, making it very cumbersome for me to select the VD menus, I have to send a function key via send key.
          as the salmon fish is compelled to go back to it's birthplace to spawn, so comes a day when man is compelled to go back to it's source.. GOD

Comment

is there small tutorial/example for creating a application using the VD?
            for example how would I take the content of TextBox1 and TextBox2, take the numeric value and add them and place the result in TextBox3
            for example in VB I would do something like: TextBox3.Text=Str(Val(TextBox1.Text) + Val(TextBox2.Text))
            as the salmon fish is compelled to go back to it's birthplace to spawn, so comes a day when man is compelled to go back to it's source.. GOD

Comment

Hi Johan,

there seems to be a duplicate in the visualdesigner\code directory. Changing the sub/function names as you did was a correct way to make it work. "Lib.inc" will be updated with the next update, so that it will compile without these manual changes again. I took measures to avoid duplicates in "Lib.inc" even if there are duplicates in the subdirectories of \code or fb_code (which actually shouldn´t be the case).

The IDE has a built-in code library with example code for all controls supported by the VD. You can inspect this code by invoking the library or using the navigation window. Please read in the help file about the library and the navigation window. If you come from Visual BASIC, then you will have to learn some fundamentals about how to write SDK code implementing the Windows API, because the VD creates SDK code.

The help file explains in detail how to create a GUI for your application. All code (compilable code) necessary for a working GUI is created by the VD, you must add in the appropriate places all code, which makes this GUI a real application. This is just like in VB

Attached is a very basic example of what you requested. The code for adding the contents of the first two textboxes starts at line 454.

JK
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Comment

can anyone give me more pointers if not too busy ? (a book or website recommendation where I could find the info is OK of course)
                  how can I intercept say the return and or shift key in a TextBox?
                  how can I send a Key say Tab to the TextBox? (the purpose is to visit the next TextBox by pressing the return/enter key or if shift-return or shift-enter keys are pressed then visit/set focus to the previous TextBox --Shift-Tab--)
                  how can I select all the text in a TextBox if visited via Tab key?

Comment

If the textbox has style WS_TABSTOP (which is default) the focus will move from control to control by pressing tab key. In the callback function section for that textbox, test for message WM_SETFOCUS then you can CONTROL GET TEXT handle, ID TO string.

To get key presses I think means subclassing the textbox. Plenty of discussions about subclassing in PowerBASIC For Windows or Programming sections.

Cheers,

added - or did you mean highlight the text in the box, not actually get it?
                    Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Yarker View Post
                      added - or did you mean highlight the text in the box, not actually get it?
                      yes, highlight or select.
                      [edit] just realized that this is off topic, please ignore my question so as to minimize the damage, moderator please remove my off topic posts.

Comment

Hi Johan,

if you want to "tab" through the controls you should make your window a Dialog. (in VD -> Option Dialog -> check "Dialog"), the VD allows for setting the tab order, that is the order in which you can tab (or backtab) through the controls with the WS_TABSTOP style.

btw, I run Windows in a VM on a Mac and the function keys are intercepted by MacOS and not by Windows, making it very cumbersome for me to select the VD menus, I have to send a function key via send key.
                        There is a right-click context menu, which lets you do everything without function keys. Clicking the middle mouse button opens the controls menu.

If you are new to Windows SDK programming, i would recommend "Programming Windows" by Carles Petzold, which explains all the basics you need to know. I recommend further getting a Windows SDK documentation, which is part of the free Windows SDK package of Microsoft. Having an offline documentation for research and learning is more convenient in my view than the online documentation of Microsoft. The latter has the advantage of being always up to date though.

JK

Comment

thank you Juergen Kuehlwein for your kind advise.
                          I apologize for the off topic posts, will stop here.

Comment

@Johan,

never mind, if you still have questions, you can drop me a mail <jk-ide at t minus online dot de>

@all,

V 2.3.0.7 is online, this tries to address Johan´s problem with "Lib.inc". Please don´t use the debug menu with FreeBASIC currently

JK

Comment

Juergen,
                              My version is now
                              after installing latest update.

Comment

Hi Jim,

don´t worry, it is V 2.3.0.7! After testing i usually recompile without preprocessor. This way it is easy to find and remove debug messages i added. In this case i forgot to compile once again with the preprocessor enabled, which in turn doesn´t update the version number properly...

Too much work currently, too much of everything - i need a vacation. August will be my friend.

JK

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.3.0.8 is online, fixing a problem with tabs when placing a comment (Tab key/Ctrl+K), sometimes the resulting comment position was wrong, you get the correct version number again...

JK

Comment

Juergen,

This symbol has been popping up quite a bit. [+] for the mouse pointer but goes away when you click on the IDE. I'm thinking it is a loss of focus. It is a red square with a red plus sign at its center. Perhaps my mouse is misfiring and the IDE is thinking I want to drag something like one of the tabs.

Typical incident:
                                      Happens after I cut code from a ".bas" file and paste that code into an ".inc" file.

Comment

Hi JIm,

you can change the order of the file tabs by just dragging them. You must left click on a tab, hold the mouse left mouse button down and drag the mouse. If you get outside the tabs the red square you describe appears indicating a drop is not possible. If you are outside to the left or right side the tabs begin to scroll. You shouldn´t get this kind of mouse cursor, unless you clicked on a tab before.

How do you cut and paste - by keyboard (Ctrl+V or F6) or by context menu ?

Could you supply some code or a method, which allows for reproducing the issue ?

Perhaps my mouse is misfiring and the IDE is thinking I want to drag something like one of the tabs.
                                        Yes - something like that, but how could it misfire, if you didn´t click it. Or is clicking involved in cutting ad pasting ?

JK

Comment

• Hey Juergen,

I use Ctrl V exclusively. I can understand that the [+] would appear on or near the row of tabs but what I am experiencing is seemingly way out of the normal and as yet I have not been able to reproduce it on demand. It has been an oddity. As I said my mouse is rather flaky. These are the steps I have been performing when I notice it happening:
                                          1. Highlight code to cut.
                                          2. Ctrl X on .bas file.
                                          3. Click save file.

May use Tab arrow to bring .inc into view.

4. Click on .inc file tab.
                                          5. Ctrl V on .inc file.
                                          6. Click save file.

May use Tab arrow to bring .bas into view.

7. Click on .bas file tab.

May use mouse wheel up/down to find the next area I want to cut from .bas or use FindNext dialog.

8. The [+] no drop pointer shows up on the code window where the ][ bar pointer should be and turns to ][ as soon as I click on the code window.

Note: I never noticed this behavior in previous versions of the IDE. Very odd. The [+] no drop pointer is obviously misinformed as to its actual location. So yes, to be fair it is an intermittent left mouse button. It usually fails to hold. Not likely the culprit if the [+] pops up in the middle of the screen.

I'm thinking that [+] should be limited to TAB area only.

Comment

Working...
                                          X