X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw yes. Very nice! Thank you Juergen

Comment

• Hey Juergen,
      Periodically I forget to close my app before I select the compile button and get "Couldn't terminate app". I'm just wondering what method you are using to terminate the app if any. I thought your IDE used to be able to close the app before recompiling it. Thanks

Comment

• Hi Jim,

the IDE tests, if an executable with the same name is still running. If so, it tries to close it by posting %WM_Syscommand, %SC_Close. Obviously this works only for apps with a GUI and a message loop. If the app doesn´t close, it tries to terminate it by "TerminateProcess", which works most of the time but requires you to have the corresponding rights for closing another app.

Sometimes it just doesn´t work - and i have no idea why and how the Taskmanger does the job then.

JK

Comment

• Cool thank you! I fixed my problem. Now it terminates gracefully.

Comment

• In the latest versions I cannot open the SDK helpfile (shift+F1) anymore. I get some six "cannot display this helpfile" boxes, and then a blanc window opens...
            Always worked, path is OK. (in the old PB IDE it works just fine)
            Regards,
            Peter

Comment

• Hi all,

V 2.4.0.0 is online - some minor fixes and improvements in the IDE, added a very first version of a FreeBASIC debugger, you may step through code and watch variables for both 32 and 64 bit code, all other debugger features still don´t work for FreeBASIC. This debugger works only in combination with the IDE, it will fail if you try to use it as a standalone application.

@Peter

What is your Windows version, and what kind of help file do you use (.hlp, .chm, a local SDK installation with dexplore or MS help viewer version 1/2, or other ...) ?

JK

Comment

• Hi Juergen,

I use Win7 ultimate. Helpfile is WIN32.HLP. Helpprogram is Winhelp 50.1.7600.16386 from Microsoft...
                As said: it opens with a blanc screen...
                Regards,
                Peter

Comment

• Peter,

i still have a Win 7 Home machine for testing - the IDE shows my win32.hlp file as usual here (I don´t use this outdated Win32.hlp file anymore, i prefer a local SDK installation). What happens, if you just doubleclick on your win32.hlp file ?

Win 10 doesn´t natively support .hlp files anymore but there are workarounds you can google for.

JK

Comment

• Peter Lameijn , in Windows Explorer right click the WIN32.HLP file, select properties. If there is an 'Unblock" button on the General tab, click it.
                    Last edited by Ross Boyd; 7 Oct 2018, 05:02 PM. Reason: select properties

Comment

• The 'General' tab has no unblock button. (it always worked with this settings.)
                      Where can you find the latest SDK helpfile without installing the whole SDK?
                      Regards,
                      Peter

Comment

• Peter,

does your Win32.hlp file open, when you just doubleclick it, or doesn´t this work either ?

JK

Comment

• I tried some things. If I try to open helpfile directly with winhlp32.exe, it also fails...
                          I now moved the file from my NAS to local HD and that works... Very strange...
                          Regards,
                          Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Lameijn View Post
                            I tried some things. If I try to open helpfile directly with winhlp32.exe, it also fails...
                            I now moved the file from my NAS to local HD and that works... Very strange...
                            Peter, check the NAS has the latest firmware. The Synology NAS units suffered from a firmware bug in the past year where users could not open Excel or Word documents. Perhaps its something similar....

Comment

• It's a common problem with WinHelp and network locations. From memory, you have to change Internet Explorer security settings for Local Intranet. I think it requires "Medium-Low".

Comment

• Hi Juergen,

MSE flags a virus in the Chess.exe file of the new update 2.4.0.0 ... Maybe it's a false positive ... can you check this?
                                "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Hi Arthur,

it definitely is a false positive, because i didn´t change it since the first release! It is the same file as it was in previous releases.

"Chess.exe" is a special compile with anti hacking features, apparently "very suspicious" for AV software.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 2.4.0.1 is online, by clicking on the "Name" column in debugger you may now select a procedure or a variable in a combobox, fixes and improvements for the FB debugger.

JK

Comment

• Hi Juergen,

It would be really cool if you put, in a simple way, like a yes or no button, that we had the ability to change the screen from the current light mode to the dark mode, just like we found in Edge, Firefox, Twitter, Gab, Youtube and in so many other applications. Would be great!

Very thanks.

Arthur.
                                      "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Hi Juergen,
                                        Version
                                        V 2.4.0.1 had trouble replacing the "Chess.exe" so I let it skip that file.

Comment

• @Arthur,

are you thinking of something like themes?

@Jim,

"Chess.exe" is a sample program, it is not necessary for the IDE to work. Your copy should be V 1.0.0.0 and dated 31.01.2018. I didn´t change it since the first release in January, so it has been part of several updates since then. I cannot tell why now it is flagged by some AV software and why it wasn´t flagged in previous updates.My AV software doesn´t flag it.

Virustotal says: 2 / 66, the two (false!) positives come from SentinelOne and Palo Alto Networks - never heard of, at least in combination with AV software.

JK

Comment

Working...
                                          X