Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK-IDE Version 2.0 including Visual Designer V 1.0

Hi all,

version 2.0.0.0 of JK-IDE including version 1.0.0.0 of my Visual Designer is online

The Visual Designer stores it´s data in layout files (.lay). You can have only one layout per file, but you can have more than 1000 layouts per project.Even if there might be changes in the structure of layout files necessary for future versions, i can ensure now, that existing layout files will stay valid. The version comming with the IDE is a demo version, please read more about this in help (Visual Designer\JK_VD\How to get a full version).

Please don´t post in the two existing threads about JK-IDE and it´s VD anymore (almost 500 posts are enough ), post comments, feature requests and bug reports in this new thread.

As usual, you can download the IDE here

JK
    Last edited by Juergen Kuehlwein; 21 Dec 2017, 07:03 AM.

Hi Jürgen,

is it possible to set the cursor behind the replacement. For now it is a little bit annoying to toggle between the buttons Find Next and Replace if the replöacement is part of the search text. I.e. if I want to replace # with ## the cursor should be positioned after the second hash . It would also be nice to allow an empty Replace with.

What about having some history like in the Find dialog?

Norbert

Comment

Hi Norbert,

i´ve never noticed the problem you describe so far, but you are right - this is annoying! I will fix that.

History: what would be the best way to do it? A separate history for "find" and for "replace with", or a history for both as pairs ? What do you think ?

JK

Comment

Hi Jürgen,

I would prefer a separate history for the replace dialog which keeps search and replacement items in sync. About 10 to 15 entries in the history should be sufficient.

Norbert

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.1 is online, Visual Designer V 1.0.0.1, i added a history for replace dialog, made "F1" context help globally available for all dialogs and secondary windows in IDE and VD, you now have a question mark in the caption of many windowsw, clicking it is an alternate way for getting help, fixed problems with replacing text (thanks Norbert Bous).

I hope i didn´t introduce new problems with the additions made. Please test the Replace Dialog and report problems.

JK

Comment

Hi Jürgen,

that looks very good! If now also the replacement text would receive a history, I would be very satisfied with the implementation.

Norbert

Comment

Hi Norbert,

the replacement text already has a history!

Just make a selection from the combo box and you will see. The combo box holds the last 20 text/replacement text pairs, a pair is added only, if you actually made a replace operation. This works like in the Find Dialog. You may leave the "Replace with" empty now, which in effect deletes the "Find what" text. The phrases in both text boxes are not trimmed, that is leading and trailing spaces are part of the find/replace operation.

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.2 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.1) you may now insert internet links in Guides Manager. Added Code Macros, please read more about it in the help file (Editor\Keyboard Macros).

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.3 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.2) the show state of register and memory window in debugger is now saved and restored between sessions, removed an unnecessary error box in VD. In Visual Designer Mode the IDE is hidden now and you may minimize the VD window by <ESC>, you can select controls to add with the mouse wheel in both directions now, use the middle mouse button, or <ESC> to exit insert mode.

You can download the IDE here

JK

Comment

Hi Juergen,

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, didn't notice the new one...
                    It happens also with a simple program, no project involved:

Code:
                    #compile exe

Function PbMain()
                      local i, ret as long

End Function
                    If you change something, save with F2, and compile, I get the error boxes (after the compile).
                    Mostly two boxes after each other with each compile. (it can happen 5 timer after each other and then 5 times no problem?)
                    The sourcefiles are located on a Synology NAS drive. If I move all source to my local harddisk, the problem is gone.

I have had a similar problem with my own software using FindFirstChangeNotification, I don't know if you use that.
                    (on network files, behaviour of that function is irratic. Sometimes you get multiple change notifications if a network file is involved)

(see also: https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...ication-double )
                    Regards,
                    Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

i thought almost 500 post would be enough and opened this thread with V 2.0.0.0

The sourcefiles are located on a Synology NAS drive

this explains the problem. Before passing the main source file to the compiler the IDE saves all files involved as a security measure. When saving a file the last write time is updated for the file (by the system) and in the IDE (after the file has been written). After the compiler is done the IDE gets back focus and checks for changes. If there is a latency saving files (a network, all cloud applications - Dropbox or the like) the filetime retrieved at this moment doesn´t match the internally saved last write time.Therefore you get this message box.

It would be interesting to know, if PB´s IDE suffers from the same problem...

JK

Comment

PB's 'old' IDE never gives any trouble concerning this. (nor does any other program)
                        If you do a lot of compiles, it can get on your nerves very quickly...

It seems to be a timing problem, earlier versions of your IDE (half year back or so) never had any problem)
                        Could also be that Windows or the NAS has got a little bit slower...

Maybe a short wait extra between write and saving new write time?
                        Or checking if old write time is different from new one. If not different, write didn't complete yet...

Another observation:
                        If I use manual save (F2) before compile, it happens always. If I don't use F2 it happens only half of the time...
                        Regards,
                        Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

please drop me a mail, i want to return a special test version for you (jk-ide at t minus online dot de)

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.4 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.2) this update fixes a timing problem with network files (thanks Peter Lameijn), i added search capability to OutputDebugString Viewer and some minor fixes.

Merry Christmas

JK

Comment

Hi all,

V 2.0.0.5 is online (Visual Designer V 1.0.0.3) this fixes a size and sizing problem with Edit/UpDown control combinations, added lot of minor fixes and improvements.

JK

Comment

Hello Juergen, i would like to make a few suggestions if i may...
                                • That when i double-click on the #INCLUDE meta-statement, the target included file opens in a separate tab.
                                • That when i click on a module name it takes me to the beggining of the clicked sub, function or fastproc.
                                • That when i click on an equate, it takes me to the equate declaration line.
                                • That when i click on a variable, it takes me to the line it was declared in.
                                I am looking into using your editor with the upcoming release of PluriBASIC 6. Do you think it would be possible to have a button to toggle between the editable code and the generated code? It currently supports PYTHON, SWIFT, BASIC, JAVA, PHP, JAVASCRIPT and other languages. Thanks.

www.pluribasic.com

Comment

I also would like if i could double click on other meta-statement and it could open the configured tool that has the same name. For example, set the tool name as #DIM and it would open the tool configured for #DIM when i double click a #DIM keyword.
                                  www.pluribasic.com

Comment

Hi Brian,

the IDE can already do, what you suggested. Just right click on a word and you will get a context menu with appropriate options. There are hot keys for these features too,
                                    You want to be able to inspect/edit the generated code - right ? This is possible too, but syntax highlighting would require aditional Lexers for Scintilla for PYTHON, etc. - doable but not available at the moment. Currently you can inspect/edit the generated code only without syntax highlighting.

Code:
                                    it could open the configured tool that has the same name

I don´t quite understand, what you mean - could you please explain a bit more. You could drop me a mail (jk-ide at t minus online dot de) for further information and conversation. Basically i would be glad to be of help for you and your PluriBASIC !

JK

Comment

Currently on my 4K Screen the Usability of the VD is diffrent from what i am used from otehr programs.
                                      It opens a total white background. With en empty Form on it. In initially there are no Buttons, Controls ort anything.
                                      So i have to use the RMB to get a Popup-Menu with some options.
                                      The Controls seem to appear when i drive with the mouse to the right border. It looks to me like a Concept for people with low-res screen resolution?
                                      This is totaly diffrent from all other VD that i know and therefore usage is at least unconvenient at the Moment.
                                      Also i do not really understand how it integrates with other code that may be in the IDE at the same time.
                                      For me the VD currently looks rather like a Start of something then like a really usable product.
                                      As said - i looked into the helpfile - i did not understand much how to use the VD.
                                      I would prefer some YouTube Videos where you demonstrate usage on some Sample Projects.
                                      I have seen - by accident somewhere - that there is a good collection of Subroutines/Macros somewhere already included.
                                      Thats a great feature, it should be available in teh IDE also (is it where?)?
                                      I must admit that currently the whole workflow "how to use the IDE" is rather cryptic to me. I do not really understand it.
                                      --Theo Gottwald
                                      ------------------------------------------------
                                      76706 Dettenheim * Germany * info@it-berater.org
                                      ------------------------------------------------
                                      Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

Hi Theo
                                        It's a program for professionals, you know. Seriously now.

Even though you might be annoyed. Wouldn't it be better to contact Jürgen directly and ask him how his Visual Designer can be used?

Instead of talking like this, I mean?

Anyway, I'm very irritated with your contribution.

Just my humble opinion.
                                        • J. Buckel
                                          Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.
                                          Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

Working...
                                        X