Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Montenigro
    replied
    Ian, thanks! I had it all right but the INC file. BTW, for future lurkers, I think MLG_DLLPB.INC is for the demo; for the registered version, it's MLG.INC

Also, I had made 2 other mistakes:
    - In FF_AppStart, I had put an explicit #INCLUDE "MLG.INC". Turns out, that line duplicates what the .CTL file does. (had many compile conflicts!) So: deleted that line and all's good.
    - Into FRMMAIN_WM_CREATE, I had copied code from a working "plain PB" program, which contains: Control Add "MYLITTLEGRID" ...
    That created double panels and controls, etc.... So: deleted that code, and am now relying ONLY on dragging from the TOOLS control list. All's good!

Two more things I had to remember, in FRMMAIN_WM_CREATE:
    - be sure to call MLG_Init
    - use the special command to remove the big X (anti-theft feature) from each grid...

Oh, and another change from "plain PB" code to FF: the handle that was "hGrid1" becomes something more like: HWND_FRMMAIN_MLG1

So now I'm up and running, and appreciative for the help!

Thanks,
    -John

Leave a comment:

• Ian Vincent
    replied
    John, do you have the MLG.chm file?
    There is a section near the end about using MLG with FF

Here are the relevant parts:

1) Unzip the Firefly.zip file in the mlgdemo.zip file.

2) Put the contents of the zip which should be

MLG.ctl

MLG.ico

into a folder under the Firefly folder. The path should be similar to the following

C:\Program Files\Firefly\Custom Controls\Petroleum Software Solutions\MLG\MLG.ctl

C:\Program Files\Firefly\Custom Controls\Petroleum Software Solutions\MLG\MLG.ico

Look how the other custom controls are arranged and you will get the idea.

3) Put a copy of the MLG.dll and MLG_DLLPB.inc in this folder

4) Start Firefly and drag a MLG control to the form. The tooltips will inform you of which of the grid controls is MLG.

5) In the Properties box, set your desired switches and styles. At a minimum the control needs to be a WS_CHILD, WS_VISIBLE and probable an ExStyle edge of some type

Ian

Leave a comment:

• John Montenigro
    started a topic How to install MLG into FireFly?

How to install MLG into FireFly?

I've just started learning MyLittleGrid (MLG), and now that I have it working in the PBWin IDE, I want to get it working under Firefly.

I'm a registered user of MLG 3.03, Firefly 3.7, and PB10.04, and I use only JR includes III 1.07 (and of course, my own).

Some time back, I apparently deleted the MLG DEMO files, so I have no other installation to compare against.

Can anyone post their folder structure and which files are in which folders?

If I copy a working setup and it still doesn't work, I may need to ask about/compare contents of various file.

Thanks for your help!
    -John
Working...
X