Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PluriBASIC 64bit compilations

Hello Everyone.

I dont know if what im about to write makes sense or if i am losing my mind, but please bear with me.

I have a Version of PluriBASIC that already can compile some of the PowerBASIC source code to 64bit
    executables, and what is missing is nothing when compared to what i already did.

I already got permission to promote it in the PowerBASIC forums, but it is incomplete and i dont seem
    to be able to get the time to finish it.

Here goes the crazy thing... i was wondering if there are enough people interested in the forums (or one
    patron with enough funds) to raise a pre-sale and raise 2000 to 3000 USD. I would be charging $ 50.00 for
    a yearly subscription to PluriBASIC. I am willing to quit job/ask a couple months off to get it to an acceptable
    state, good enough to sell licenses. But for this i would need to get an alternate way to pay bills and survive
    until done.

PluriBASIC already exists and works acceptably well. It is a shame that it is in the shelf because of my day
    job. It has been almost ready for months. What is missing are just fractions of the core features. While it already
    supports most of the DDT statements, not all of them will be supported (although at some point the engine may
    upport the syntax so that everybody can write the core code to make them work).

The ideal thing is that with the same version of PluriBASIC everyone can compile PowerBASIC, Android and PHP
    code (It already does for simple projects, but portions of code are still missing).

Also the idea is that, when ready, I would like to listen to the community to expand the language and add new
    features (it already has extended features too). If i get enough support and see it is viable, i will put a link to purchase
    what i already got. The supporters/purchasers (any of them) will have the option to be part of a beta team and
    participate in a forum specially for this purpose. Not obligatory of course.

This may be too far fetched because i would need to sell around 60 presale licenses of a product that while it is not
    terribly broken, is is not complete... so, i might not pull it off. But as i said, it is a shame the PluriBASIC is in the
    shelf at the advanced state it is in, i i thought i should at least try to do it.

Please email me at [email protected] and let me know if you can aquire a pre-sale license or donate to
    the cause, after that i will evaluate if it is viable.

With all respect to everybody.
    Brian Alvarez.

www.pluribasic.com

I forgot to mention an important detail:

PluriBASIC works in a way that it allows anybody to write core features, so, besides helping with the fundraiser
    anybody can collaborate with the code required for the core features.

The idea is to make PluriBASIC mainly SDK, but with enough collaborators working in the core features, maybe
    even the DDT part could be done in no time.

Brian.

www.pluribasic.com

Comment

+1
      Donald Montaine

Comment

Cool, Thanks Donald.
        www.pluribasic.com

Comment

Hey Brian!
          It sounds very interesting.

Is there a chance that Adam would take up funding your effort as an interim solution until he gets a native 64b compiler released? I definitely suggest you send him an email with a proposal - some details for him to be able to chew on.

If not, then count me in as a +1.

Comment

I am considering an gift of sorts as well. Just have not defined my amount yet but something of at least 500 USD.
            If you can get a good start on basics. It might be worth it. I did purchase your software years agosrky fir support. and I have keep a wills eye on your progress.
            I have seen conversions programs before that have an impact.
            Wwll you can count on me for the 500

i wish you success.
            We all know the journey too well.
            p purvis

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Beene View Post
              Hey Brian!Is there a chance that Adam would take up funding your effort as an interim solution until he gets a native 64b compiler released? I definitely suggest you send him an email with a proposal - some details for him to be able to chew on.
              Hello Gary!! Absolutely! I would love to have Adam on board, but i dont want to push him, as i have reached to him on several occasions and i dont want to be pushy. Of course if he wants to ride the PluriBASIC train he's more than welcome! Thanks, I count on you!

Originally posted by Paul Purvis View Post
              I am considering an gift of sorts as well. Just have not defined my amount yet but something of at least 500 USD.
              Paul... what can i say? Im deeply moved! Thank you very much, i this goes through i will make sure to make it worth it! ?

www.pluribasic.com

Comment

I'm in too.
                Donnie Ewald
                [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Don!
                  www.pluribasic.com

Comment

A couple more have emaled me with support. Thanks!
                    www.pluribasic.com

Comment

+1

Comment

Thanks shawn!
                        www.pluribasic.com

Comment

$include me
                          Rod
                          I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Thanks Rodney!
                            www.pluribasic.com

Comment

I for one would like to see this happen.
                              I see 6 "yes" here.
                              What can we do to get 50 yes's?

Comment

count me as +2

Comment

Include me for 2

Comment

Thanks Rod and Mimmo!
                                    www.pluribasic.com

Comment

Anyone else?
                                      www.pluribasic.com

Comment

I'm with you Brian!
                                        "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                                        X