Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Lakinir
    replied
    Hallo Theo, how do I get my programs digitally signed? I'm thinking of venturing into a software enterprise.
    any website links to help me get started with this will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Thanks Theo. I will send you a message, i think iave you on my skype.

Leave a comment:

• Theo Gottwald
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Alvarez View Post

PluriBASIC is in constant development. Just, not as agile as i would like to. A new installer will be uploaded soon, which supports the following syntax:

Code:
    [B]somestring[/B] = [B]somestring[/B].[COLOR=#8e44ad][B]RTRIM$[/B][/COLOR]([COLOR=#8e44ad][B]ANY[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#27ae60][B] "rtrim"[/B][/COLOR]).[COLOR=#8e44ad][B]LTRIM$[/B][/COLOR]([COLOR=#8e44ad][B]ANY[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#27ae60]"ltrim"[/COLOR]) & [COLOR=#27ae60][B]" stacked function calls"[/B][/COLOR]

This syntax will be suppored for all target platforms, including, of course, PowerBASIC.
    Hallo Brian,
    I can digitally sign files, if you need help on that you can contact me.
    Generally it makes sense to sign executables digitally, otherwise they may not run everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    I just uploaded a new beta installer with support for stacked user-functions. It should not be taken as stable (regarding stacked functions). If any issues arise, i will try to promptly fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Farmer View Post

Hey Brian. PayPal you $50 to your hotmail address?
    Thanks Steve, Ill reply to your PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Farmer
    replied

Thanks Steve. I just uploaded an installer that fixes a small issue with PHP form inicialization. Any issues found i will gladly take a look at, as there are still many things to improve.

The installer can be downloaded from here:

https://www.pluribasic.com/utilities...SIC6_Setup.exe
    Hey Brian. PayPal you $50 to your hotmail address?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Farmer View Post
    While I am far from an expert at this sort of stuff (see Join Date vs. Posts), I am invested in PowerBasic. Anything that could help extend the life of PB is a good thing. Count me in for $50.

Steve
    Thanks Steve. I just uploaded an installer that fixes a small issue with PHP form inicialization. Any issues found i will gladly take a look at, as there are still many things to improve.

The installer can be downloaded from here:

Leave a comment:

• Steve Farmer
    replied
    While I am far from an expert at this sort of stuff (see Join Date vs. Posts), I am invested in PowerBasic. Anything that could help extend the life of PB is a good thing. Count me in for $50.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Originally posted by Emanuele Colombo View Post
    + 2 for sure
    Thanks Emanuele. I have uploaded a new test Installer.

Leave a comment:

• Emanuele Colombo
    replied
    + 2 for sure

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Originally posted by Theo Gottwald View Post
    How is the state of PluriBasic?
    Is tehre a web-site describing the program and features?
    Or maybe some YouTube Videos?
    PluriBASIC is in constant development. Just, not as agile as i would like to. A new installer will be uploaded soon, which supports the following syntax:

Code:
    [B]somestring[/B] = [B]somestring[/B].[COLOR=#8e44ad][B]RTRIM$[/B][/COLOR]([COLOR=#8e44ad][B]ANY[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#27ae60][B] "rtrim"[/B][/COLOR]).[COLOR=#8e44ad][B]LTRIM$[/B][/COLOR]([COLOR=#8e44ad][B]ANY[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#27ae60]"ltrim"[/COLOR]) & [COLOR=#27ae60][B]" stacked function calls"[/B][/COLOR]

This syntax will be suppored for all target platforms, including, of course, PowerBASIC.

Leave a comment:

• Theo Gottwald
    replied
    How is the state of PluriBasic?
    Is tehre a web-site describing the program and features?
    Or maybe some YouTube Videos?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    The IDE can even retrieve runtime exceptions.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Hello Owen. PluriBASIC is already working in Python now. There are many features to add but it can now run and execute very well. It even does the SSH into the device, execution of code and return of result. It is pretty awesome. Whatever is missing, can even be added by the end user (core features).

Leave a comment:

• Owen English
    replied
    Count me in for $50 as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mimmo Labate
    replied
    Mimmo, I think being able to use other languages is also important. PluriBASIC also supports outputting code for Python, but it needs a really big chunk of attention. I would like to finish that as well, if the economy does not forbid me from doing so. You got a very good point on using external (stable) libraries instead of reinventing the wheel! That is one of my own drives.
    Thanks Brian for your answer !!!

p.s. too bad I couldn't read anything from the operations room: No opinions from Adam J. Drake

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    Mimmo, I think being able to use other languages is also important. PluriBASIC also supports outputting code for Python, but it needs a really big chunk of attention. I would like to finish that as well, if the economy does not forbid me from doing so. You got a very good point on using external (stable) libraries instead of reinventing the wheel! That is one of my own drives.

Kerry, im going to send you a PM now. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Kerry Farmer
    replied
    Count me in for one Brian.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Mimmo Labate
    replied
    Hi Brian, according to my vision that has changed significantly over the years, especially over the past 10 years, I can say that the priority for a new 64-bit compiler is not to port all the arsenal offered to date from PB (CC and PBW) but have a basic, reduced core, which can easily extend its functionality simply by taking advantage of the great availability of existing libraries, in order to develop applications in practically any field. To explain what I mean, I refer to the language of the moment, python, especially in the field of deep and machine learning where, this language can easily access all the cores of the new and powerful processors (for example through the brand new OpenAPI, CUDA, etc .) as well as specific libraries in fields such as 2D, 3D graphics, computer vision, numerical calculation, linear algebra, etc. Thus extending its power by exploiting what the outside already exists which in itself is optimized and stable. You need the ability to write the wrapper to access these universes. According to their inclinations and experiences, each one will adapt the reduced set language that through existing libraries will be able to arrange what is necessary to work with vectors and matrices, manipulation of the pixels of an image, solve problems and simulations in the mathematical and financial fields. Without adding new instructions or extreme OOP extensions to the language that only add weight to the workload. So to be concise, you need everything you need to access the Windows API and build the types of data that allow you to easily write the "drivers" that allow you to use external libraries so as to have a practically universal language while having a small set of instructions. Indeed, it would be enough to be able to use header files, very often written in C language, without having to adapt them to our language. Here is what is really important today, in order to continue everyone in their own field to offer fast, reliable and supported solutions. With the possibility of easily adding further possibilities of use ...

Brian, I would like to hear your opinion but also that of the Boss, Adam Drake about what I have just written! Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Brian Alvarez
    replied
    It is all going very well. I will definately have something ready to share with the supporters soon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X