Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Pearson
    replied
    Thanks Michael and Carlo, when I saw "stored procedure" I made the same assumptions you did. This was problem with not understanding the benefits of checking for errors at least once before your program exits.

Leave a comment:

• Carlo Pagani
    replied
    Likely he just needs to add a set nocount on to his SP to sort the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Mattias
    replied
    Initially it had a couple of parameters, but I removed them to see if it will run, but not having any luck.
    I was reading up on this. ODBC syntax correct (assuming no params to specify).

Procedure code not shown?

Maybe you did not remove the params completely and still have a reference to one in your procedure code? That could get you a "COUNT field incorrect or syntax error" right quick.

I think I'd also run the procedure outside ODBC first using a command-line tool or via OLE (ADO) just to be sure it's correct and your user is looking in the right place for his issues.

Also, SQL/Server can be really sensitive to "User" and can give some strange results when there is a mismatch.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Pearson
    replied
    New info: After some additional checking he reports that the driver is returning a "COUNT field incorrect or syntax error", which is a horse of a different... breed. He also emailed some other clues, so I'll post here again if I can narrow it down better. Thanks Stuart.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    What does the SP do? Is it supposed to return a recordset? or multiple recordsets or a return value ? Or is it doing something with data such as insert, update, delete?

Leave a comment:

• Eric Pearson
    started a topic SQL Server / SQL Tools

SQL Server / SQL Tools

Posting this on behalf of a customer who is not a member of the forums. I don't have enough experience with SQL Server to answer authoritatively.

Good afternoon,

I have SQLT_Pro.dll version 2.1.4.0 and I’m having running this Stored Procedure. Initially it had a couple of parameters, but I removed them to see if it will run, but not having any luck.

The driver I’m using is ODBC DRIVER 17 FOR SQL SERVER. I looked a Microsoft’s site and they said to call is “{call spName}”

In Power Basic I’m calling it but it just doesn’t seem to run it

sqlQuery = “{call spName}"
    SQL_Stmt %SQL_STMT_IMMEDIATE, sqlQuery

Thanks.
    Tommy
Working...
X