Project Charter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Charter

This is first draft for a project charter. Please take a look at the attachment (Word 2003 format). Getting this into everybody's hands and making changes to something we all agree to is very important. If you have questions about the "Extreme Programming" methodology please check this link:

http://www.extremeprogramming.org

Obviously, we can't do the pair-programming parts, but I think the iterations, customer stories, and targeted incremental release schedules are things that will help us organize our efforts.

The central idea behind the "customer stories" is to break this HUGE project down into manageable parts. In some cases very small parts, like one procedure at a time. With each small part tested before it goes into the release version errors & bugs will be minimized. Breaking it down into its smallest parts should make it easier to track and build. As always, open to ideas and suggestions.

Brian Chirgwin is working on setting up a site where we can store the actual project code with SVN and team access. More on that later from Brian.

Licensing is still an issue. I will compose a suggested license and post it today.

Fasten your seat belts, here we go!
    Stan
    Attached Files
    Do not go quiet into that good night,
    ... Rage, rage against the dark.

Originally posted by StanHelton View Post

Obviously, we can't do the pair-programming parts
    Actually, there has been success with people doing remote pair programming using VNC, MS Remote Desktop or other shared desktop approach.

I have been doing some of the extreme programming (modified for 1) practices for some time. I can't say I am great at it (yet). I have not done pair programming as I am a single developer (the modified for one part). If anyone is interested in giving it a shot I'd be will willing to see if it is technically and logistically possible. Not necessary though.

Comment

Is there any chance somebody could convert the doc file into something else like RTF for those of us who do not own MS Office? I tried loading it in Wordpad, but it kicks up conversion error messages.

Comment

Here it is in RTF format, just unzip
        Attached Files
        Rod
        In some future era, dark matter and dark energy will only be found in Astronomy's Dark Ages.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

This is great that PowerBASIC opened a private forum for existing members that are interested in this project. I will shut the www.vb2pb.org site down so this effort isn't fragmented.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the team that is doing something worth while and fun at the same time.

John

Comment

Stan, what does "Primary ownership of selected modules" means?

Comment

Originally posted by Elias Montoya View Post
                Stan, what does "Primary ownership of selected modules" means?

The 'ownership of' or 'responsibility for' certain larger tasks required in the build. Think of it as being leader of a team of self-selected volunteers who want to work on a specific module or feature that requires several sub-tasks before it can be completed.

If you have a different term that reflects that definition please let me know.

Stan
                Do not go quiet into that good night,
                ... Rage, rage against the dark.

Comment

No, its fine. I just didnt know what it meant.

Comment

Working...
                  X