Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads didn't exit

Hi,

When I click in "New posts" I receive the following message bellow the list:

Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit
    How can I fix this?

I'm using Firefox.

Regards,

Arthur.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

I see it all the time too, using IE. It's a good bet that it's a problem (or simply an advisory message) in the vBulletin forum software.

-- Eric

Comment

I get this all the time no matter what browser I use and it slows down the loading of pages. It's becoming a bit of a PITA and methinks the forum admin(s) should have a look at this with a view to fixing it, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Foster View Post
        ... slows down the loading of pages..

And how did you determine this as fact? <smile>

Comment

FWIW
          I notice the loading of a web pages from the forum is slow to finalize the end of the webpage on most all equient i access the forum on.
          I have not done a through test bc we have had a lot of internet issues.
          Most of the webpage loads fast but something at end of the webpage loading process drags on.
          I have not used the trace to a WAN location enough to say that i know how to use it properly. But, in trying to do, it seemed going through some internet router or switches between my location and powerbasic location. There was a noticeable increase in delayed time. But as i said i am no expert in this area of tracing ip traffic.
          If i can be of any use in running test from my multiple locations to a powerbasic location in an effort to measure what ever is needed by the powerbasic staff.
          Just let me know.
          I do not think i go to other webpages using vbulletin.
          That laggin time seems to be about 4 seconds testing from my iphone and that seems about the same from my windows computers whether it goes through a internal web proxy or not.
          Last edited by Paul Purvis; 13 Apr 2012, 08:14 PM.
          p purvis

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Zale View Post
            And how did you determine this as fact? <smile>
            Based on a Wireshark trace, there is a delay of a little over 4 seconds between sending the packet containing the </html> tag and the packet containing the Thread Error message.
            --
            [URL="http://www.camcopng.com"]CAMCo - Applications Development & ICT Consultancy[/URL][URL="http://www.hostingpng.com"]
            PNG Domain Hosting[/URL]

Comment

Based on a Wireshark trace, there is a delay of a little over 4 seconds between sending the packet containing the </html> tag and the packet containing the Thread Error message.
              This would be on your machine.

On my machine, where I haven't used anything like Wirshark?, there is no 4 second delay loading all pages that have that informative "Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit".
              There is however, a ~4 second delay on some pages, whether they have that information or not, whether in the PB fora or not as well.

That information supply may be related to some common feature, but the cause of the delay seems to be uncommon(not common to us all).
              Rod
              "To every unsung hero in the universe
              To those who roam the skies and those who roam the earth
              To all good men of reason may they never thirst " - from "Heaven Help the Devil" by G. Lightfoot

Comment

at least 4 secs here
                "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

I have an
                  in each forum page and a loading time always longer than 4 seconds.
                  It isn't my PC or my Internet connection because on PowerBasic "normal" pages (not forum pages) the loading time is under 1 second.
                  Last edited by Tiziano Magni; 14 Apr 2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

This particular feature has a history.
                    http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=41353
                    But I've never been able to pin loading time to it.
                    Rod
                    To all good men of reason may they never thirst " - from "Heaven Help the Devil" by G. Lightfoot

Comment

Thread Bare

I also see this Error...all I can say is:

Tim, Please fix it.

TIA

Julian Small

Comment

Originally posted by Julian Small View Post

I also see this Error...all I can say is:

Tim, Please fix it.

TIA

Julian Small
                        It may be related to threads that are actively being edited or are otherwise engaged.
                        In that case, there is nothing to fix.
                        It would also mean that there is nearly always somebody editing some message in some thread.
                        I'm not sure if that works out.
                        The world is strange and wonderful.*
                        I reserve the right to be horrifically wrong.
                        Please maintain a safe following distance.
                        *wonderful sold separately.

Comment

New forum error message
                          Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_openssl.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Comment

New forum error message
                            Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_openssl.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0
                            And it even shows up in the emoticon dialog!
                            Rod

Comment

I get the error (see attached pictures) when managing attachements.
                              Attached Files
                              --Theo Gottwald
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              76706 Dettenheim * Germany * info@it-berater.org
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Gottwald View Post
                                I get the error (see attached pictures) when managing attachements.

That, or something similar, is at the bottom of every page loaded.
                                You usually don't scroll down to see it. I just copied it in from the bottom
                                of the page I'm viewing.
                                The world is strange and wonderful.*
                                I reserve the right to be horrifically wrong.
                                Please maintain a safe following distance.
                                *wonderful sold separately.

Comment

These are advisory errors, or warnings. They don't actually mean anything here. I would certainly rather not see them but there are more serious problems to work on at the time. We'll get around to the, mmm... aesthetic errors as we conclude repairs on the priority issues.

Comment

Working...
                                  X