Managing attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing attachments

I am not sure if this is a bug or not. I was just looking at my attachments and noticed I only have the option to delete one of my attachments. The other three can't be deleted.

Posts and attachments cannot be deleted after 15 days. After 15 days they can only be deleted by a Moderator or Administrator.
    Sincerely,

Steve Rossell
    PowerBASIC Staff

Comment

gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Rossell View Post
        Posts and attachments cannot be deleted after 15 days. After 15 days they can only be deleted by a Moderator or Administrator.
        This statemenent remains valid , anno 2015 ?
        What actions can be taken ,and by whom ,if one has reached the upload limit ( afaik 10 MB) ?

Comment

Back in the days of Bob, I was told that they were not willing to increase the attachments - that it was a lifetime thing. I don't know what, if any downside (other than server memory) attachments carry with them.

I've looked before but haven't found the place where attachment maximums are defined. I'll give it another look.

I'm not against the idea that some folks warrant different maximums - some folks use it, some don't. So as long as there's some kind of average being met, I'd think that might meet the intent of the original limits?

I'll report back ...

For myself, I've quit using attachments and put my files on my server, which has been in existence since about 1985, with online links to those files. But in general, I'd prefer that the PowerBASIC server have the files to avoid the issue where a user's server goes down or simply changes URLs.

Comment

It has been years, since i couldn't attach new zip or images with my posts. This, plus the fact that nothing could be changed after 15 days, is one of the many reasons i moved most of my PB's submissions to the José Roca's forum.

This old Zyndrom was very irritating

Last edited by Patrice Terrier; 18 Jan 2015, 08:25 AM.
            Patrice Terrier
            www.zapsolution.com
            www.objreader.com
            Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

Thanks Gary for having a look...
              Originally posted by Gary Beene View Post
              For myself, I've quit using attachments and put my files on my server, which has been in existence since about 1985, with online links to those files. But in general, I'd prefer that the PowerBASIC server have the files to avoid the issue where a user's server goes down or simply changes URLs.
              You have a good point here Gary .
              A point I could add is that some folks don't have servers in order to have files uploaded .

Comment

was just looking at my attachments and noticed I only have the option to delete one of my attachments
                Was that in the the Source Code Forum? There has always been a "15 days" rule there. And I can see a good reason for it, too.
                Michael Mattias
                Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
                Racine WI USA
                [email protected]
                http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                X