Attachments management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments management

I was looking at some of my account settings (PM's, attachments, and the like that I have done over the years) and was surprised about a few things (only mildly though)

I have cleared out my PM's a couple of times since 2006 so thats no big, but when I looked at my attachments (99% of which are postings to the source code forum)

This is probably a question for [email protected] but I thought I would ask here first in the case a moderator (or possibly Gary Beene) may see this first and supply an answer (and probably delete my post fairly quickly *teasing grin*)

Question #1: Does deleting my attachment from the past, break a link in a posting in my past? or does PB have a copy stored somewhere if I delete it?

Question #2: It appears that I can only remove attachments that are a week old or less (I would assume a setting somewhere to stop me from breaking a link if the answer to question #1 is what I think it is?)

Its all a mute point, just me being curious cause after 8yrs I am only about 1/4th of my attachment limit (which surprises me cause of screenshots I post from time to time)

I was just curious is all :coffee4:
    Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

I expect that Gary may move this to the "Using the Forums" thread rather than deleting it.

I am not far from my limit, mostly because of compiled programs in zip files.

I suspect that this is the reason that Gary and others encourage us to download from their own site, they having reached or nearing the limit.
    Rod
    I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Clear attachments ?

What happens if one is close to the limit for posting attachments on this forum ? I'm getting in the red zone I see.
      Is posting then still possible ?

Is there a way to clear attachmants from the past ? ( I searched , didn't find a button to clear or delete ) . Have I missed something ?

Comment

Working...
      X