Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude from New Posts

Gary,

With all respect for the work you do here in the forum, but is there a way that new posts in the new sections "Samples" and "Help File" do not appear in "New Posts"?
    "New Posts" is now almost unuseable as it shows the last 500 posts and almost all of them are new threads in the new sections.

This should not be a critique on your work, I'm far from that, but if it would be possible in the forum software to exclude there sections, "New Posts" would be much more useable then it was the last days.

Dieter

I found it a hassle at the beginning too Dieter. What I do now to work around it is start from the New Post listing, I click the forum on the right. On the next page, I click the Forum Tools on the near upper right and click Mark This Forum Read. Then I go click my bookmark to take me back to the New Posts page and those posts are all gone.
    Donnie Ewald
    [email protected]

Comment

Even quicker... On the main PowerBASIC Forums page, double-click on an icon on the far left to mark all of the threads in that forum as Read. Only then click New Posts.
      "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Thanks for the tips, works nicely.
        Did not know it's so easy to work around it.

Dieter

Comment

Hey Dieter!
          I'm almost done with adding content to the 4 new forums. At any time you can click on Quick Links/Mark Forums Read and that will remove the new posts on all forums at once.

But what about user posts in those forums. You'll want to see those in the New Posts, yes?

... added ... and sorry, I use that regularly and didn't think to make sure everyone knew about it. I should have put up a "Construction" sign with a note on how to bypass the new posts!
          Last edited by Gary Beene; 19 Aug 2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Gary, thanks for the answer.
            I did not know about the possibitiy to mark one forum as read so easily.
            I did know how to mark all fora as read, but that did not help to just screen the entry posts on the new fora.
            Anyway, we have a thread with the answer now to reference to

Thanks for the great work, Gary!

Dieter

Comment

Took me a LOOooong time to finally find this thread; I remembered reading it last year, but could not recall the keywords. I tried many combinations of words like: ignore thread forum mark
              etc.

Anyway, all by way of asking if tips like these could be made "sticky"...

Thanks,
              -John
              Last edited by John Montenigro; 18 Jun 2015, 04:02 PM. Reason: added some "tags" for this thread...

Comment

Working...
              X